Alcohol Beverage Use at Event

Any college sponsored event at which alcohol (beer/wine) is being served must be booked through Bobcat Catering which holds the liquor license for the institution. College sponsored events are any gatherings which use reservable space on campus for college centric events.

Indoor events requests which include alcohol (beer/wine) must be made with no less than 10 working days’ notice. Outdoor events requests which include alcohol (beer/wine) must be made with no less than 20 working days’ notice

As the holder of the institutions liquor license, Bobcat Catering, or one of its designees, must serve the alcohol (beer/wine) at all sanctioned campus events. Our license prohibits us from allowing anyone to bring their own alcoholic beverages on the premises. When applicable, Bates Bobcat Catering could  serve alcoholic beverages at events where there may be individuals under the age of 21 in attendance. Students events requesting alcohol service (beer/wine) must have the approved of the Campus Life Office and the AVP for DCCE before the reservation can be processed. Sale or consumption of alcohol by a minor (under 21 years), or to anyone without proper identification, or the service of alcohol to anyone who appears to be intoxicated, is prohibited

Licensing Costs:

  • Indoor event with appropriate notice                   $30.00
  • Indoor without appropriate notice                        $150.00
  • Outdoor event with appropriate notice               $55.00
  • Outdoor event without appropriate notice         $150.00