In recognition of the faculty’s traditional commitment to excellence in teaching, the late Robert H. Kroepsch ’33, LL.D. ’71, established in 1985 the Ruth M. and Robert H. Kroepsch Endowed Fund for one or more annual awards to members of the faculty “in recognition of outstanding performance as a teacher during the previous twelve-month period.” Kroepsch Award winners from the previous five years are not eligible.
The award carries a stipend to the faculty recipient, which is subject to taxation and withholding.
The dean of the faculty shall be responsible for inviting all students and alumni from the past five years to write letters of nomination for the award. These letters must cite in specific ways how the nominated teacher meets the following criteria:
1) Stimulates student interest in the subject and fosters desire for further learning.
2) Helps students understand subject matter and its importance in a broad context.
3) Is innovative and/or creative in teaching.
4) Is demanding and expects a high standard of performance.
5) Engages students in research and scholarly work.
6) Is committed to student learning.
Selection shall be made by a committee made up of recipients of the award from the past five years.
Details for the Kroepsch Award nomination process and faculty eligibility are announced annually.
|2020||Jennifer Koviach-Côté & Joshua Rubin|
|2011||Sonja Pieck & Nancy Koven|
|2003||Curtis Bohlen & Denis Sweet|
|2002||Carole Taylor & Claudia Aburto Guzman|
|1999||Robert Branham & Emily Kane|
|1997||Lois K. Ongley|
|1994||Bonnie J. Shulman|
|1989||Georgia N. Nigro|