Field Emission Variable Vacuum Scanning Electron Microscope
The laboratory centers around a newly acquired JEOL JSM-7100FLV field emission, variable vacuum, analytical scanning electron microscope (FE-SEM/EDS) (2012).
This instrument is equipped with a sample chamber-level secondary electron detector and both HV and LV backscatter detectors. It is equipped with a Schottkey thermal field emission gun and offers resolution of approximately 2-3 nm at 30 kV.
Energy Dispersive Spectrometer
The SEM is equipped with a Thermo/ Noran System 7 Energy Dispersive Spectrometer with a LN-free digital detector. This system enables quantitative spectrum analysis with and without standards, spectral imaging, x-ray mapping, x-ray line scans, point and shoot sampling, and digital image acquisition.
Support Equipment and Services
- Denton Vacuum DV1 Carbon Evaporation unit; attachments for rods or yarn (1997)
- Anatech Hummer 6.6 Sputter Coater with rotating, tilted stage and Au/Pd target (2010)
- Ladd Research CO2 Critical Point Dryer (1990)
- Scandium Image analysis software
- HP 800PS Wide Format Printer
- Fume hood
- Complete machine shop and machinist available