Welcome to Campus Events, Conferences & Summer Programs!
The Conferences and Campus Events Office is here to help make your next event a success. Whether you are planning a one day meeting or a series of training seminars, we will help create a customized package that fits within your budget and complements your event. From catering, to facility reservations, to audio-visual requests, to assisting with coordinating registration and budget planning; we are here for you every step of the way! Whatever your logistical needs, we can assist in planning and the coordination of your event.
We rent space to not for profit organizations. We offer rooms that seat from 15 to 300 and we also have a venue to accommodate a seated dinner of up to 600. With this in mind, we can accommodate meetings and conferences of all shapes and sizes.
To book an event or more information, please reach out to the Conferences and Campus Events Office at 207-786-6299.
Important Campus Update!
Until further notice, campus visitors are not permitted in campus buildings. Additionally, except in rare circumstances, events on campus must be limited to students, faculty, and staff. The external vendor policy is available here.
Bates community groups who book space in meeting rooms in Commons (201, 221/222, 226 and 225) may take advantage of the through the line catering option. This option allows meeting participants to make meal selections in Commons and return to their reserved space to eat. Meals cannot be consumed in the Commons dining room. Please remember that masks must be worn at all times while in the building except when seated and eating.
Groups interested in the through the line option must book space in Commons through EMS and receive approval from Bobcat Catering at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include an account number and number of individuals attending when you reach out to Bobcat Catering.
Information about how faculty and staff can order catering or to-go meals for college sponsored meetings and events can be found here.
Events for Bates Community Only (Students, Faculty, and Staff):
Bates students, faculty and staff may elect to sponsor college approved events for the Bates Community under the following conditions:
- All guests must be members of the Bates Community (faculty, staff or student)
- Whenever possible, events, no matter the size, should take place in outdoor spaces
- Two tents will be available from August 20, 2021 through November 1, 2021 and can be reserved through EMS
- Attendance records are required for all events and sponsors are encouraged to use EventBrite for this purpose
- Attendees must follow the current college COVID policies
- One sanitizing station per 50 people must be available in the event space as well as disposable face coverings
- Events being held in external locations must have access control barriers
- Dances will not be held until further notice