All contractors, vendors, service providers (including performers), or external groups wishing to conduct business/use facilities of Bates College are required to have their own insurance. This insurance is necessary to cover any claims or losses for which the contractor, vendor, service provider or external group may be responsible.

Departments utilizing contractors, vendors, service providers or who oversee arrangements for external groups must request a Certificate of Insurance prior to engaging the service, or the start of the contract. The Certificate of Insurance must be for $ 1,000,000 and list Bates College as the additional insurer. A copy of the Certificate of Insurance must be sent to Heather Taylor, in the Treasures Office, no later than 10 days prior to date of service or start of the contract. Should you have any questions, please contact Heather Taylor at 207-786-8339 or via e-mail at

Should the contractor, vendor, service provider (including performers), or external group wishing to conduct business not have the necessary insurance, they can purchase a TULIP (Tenant’s and User’s Liability Insurance Policy). This can be done on line or by contacting Brenda Pelletier in the Conference and Campus Events Office at 207-786-6400 or at