A Homecoming to Bates and Lewiston

Hey Bobcats!

I’m Sacha and I’ll be working at the Harward Center as the Social Media Intern for the 2021-22 academic year. This summer, I interned at the Sun Journal, and while I didn’t write *this story, I found it compelling and relevant to the work of the Harward Center.

Rachel Ferrante, who graduated from Bates in 2010 with an art and visual culture degree, is the incoming executive director at Museum L-A. A NYC native, she couldn’t help but fall in love when she came to Maine, for several reasons, including the quality of life, the schools, the friendliness, and the sense of community. She and her husband met at Bates and have dreamt for years of coming back to Maine to raise their kids. Their dream is now coming true. Like a true Batesie, Ferrante is pursuing new goals in her life “with ardor and devotion.” In her new position, a top priority will be to “help lead a transformational capital campaign that will shape, guide, and create outstanding programming and visitor experiences.” Her goal is to make Museum L-A the jewel of Lewiston and Auburn.

Enjoy!

– Sacha Feldberg ’24

*PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Lewiston Sun Journal’s firewall settings and their limit of five free story clicks per reader, it’s possible that not all readers of this post will be able to access the story on the LSJ website. We apologize for the inconvenience.