One-Time or Occasional Volunteer Opportunities
- Aspirations programming—on-campus aspirations events for local children and youth. Contact Austin Dumont (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Blake Street Towers and Meadowview (Lewiston Housing Authority residences for low-income elderly and younger disabled) are happy to have volunteers plan social events–meals, game nights, performances, etc.; Contact Annika Mirchandani (email@example.com)
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank prepares food for distribution throughout the state; contact Maddie Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Rebuilding Together is a day of home improvement projects to enable people who can’t afford the work to live safely in their homes. It is scheduled for October 9th and usually runs for most of the day. Interested students can contact Shanna Green- (email@example.com).
- Farwell School Pumpkin Festival is an annual fundraiser for the school. It is scheduled for October 17th. Volunteers can help with games and concessions or also present in some way– singing, juggling, science experiments, etc. Interested students can contact Martha Deschaines (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ongoing or Sustained Volunteer Opportunities
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – one-on-one weekly one-hour matches with elementary school kids at Longley Elementary School. Contact Jennifer Cartmell (email@example.com).
- Lewiston Middle School lunch program – have lunch with LMS students once a week. Contact Lauren Nudi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lewiston High School mentoring- meet regularly with a high school student. Contact Emma Block (email@example.com).
Tutoring and Enrichment Programs
- Tree Street Youth – Mondays through Thursdays, 2-6pm; Friday 2-4pm; contact Keenan Shields (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lewiston High School tutoring- volunteer remotely; Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Contact Maddie Feldmeier (email@example.com).
- Book Buddies – reading to early-elementary-age children during the school day. Contact Contact Anna Sarrazin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Aspirations programming – on-campus aspirations events for local children and youth. Contact Austin Dumont (email@example.com).
- Boys and Girls Club – after-school programming. Contact Luke Van Denend (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Trinity Soup Kitchen – serves meals 7 days a week; contact Martha Reyes (email@example.com).
- Lots to Gardens – community gardening and cooking classes; contact Maddie Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Good Shepherd Food Bank – preparing food for distribution throughout the state; contact Maddie Lee (email@example.com).
- Blake Street Towers – serve Sunday brunch to elderly and younger disabled residents; contact Annika Mirchandani (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ArtVan – mobile arts therapy working with non-profits in Lewiston-Auburn. Contact Katherine Faulkner (email@example.com).
Immigrant Integration Programming
- Trinity Jubilee Center – help immigrants and refugees with employment, housing, education, and other challenges. Contact Erin Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other Programs (some of these require extensive training)
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact Marty (email@example.com) or Hamza (firstname.lastname@example.org) to talk about other options!