Interns often contribute to the museum’s ongoing work from behind the scenes. The Interns’ Blog helps shine the spotlight on their important work by letting them share their personal perspective.
- Marsden Hartley Memorial CollectionThe Marsden Hartley Memorial Collection at the Bates College Museum of Art consists of over 400 artworks and objects.
- Bulls, Bears, and Others Symbols of Wall Street Protest ArtHYPERALLERGIC | When traders on r/wallstreetbets started bankrupting short sellers of GameStop and AMC stock, social media rejuvenated imagery stretching back to the 19th century.
- Bringing New Voices to ChildrenTHE BATES STUDENT | While searching through documents about slavery, thinking about history, and wondering how to celebrate the humanity within us all, children’s book artist and illustrator Ashley Bryan saw a world waiting to be…
- Photos: Bates donates books to Lewiston-Auburn teachersSUN JOURNAL | Education curator Anthony Shostak said a copy of “Beautiful Blackbird” was donated to each kindergarten, first and second grade teacher in Lewiston and Auburn public schools.
- To Be Framed: Curating Figures and Fruit by Beth Van HoesenI had an awesome semester at the Museum. It commenced with a research project on recently donated work from the Jane Costello Wellehan Collection (see our previous post). For the latter half of our internship,…