Club Re-Registration Process
The Club Re-Registration process occurs annually. Please find the timeline for the 2023-24 process below.
|Tuesday, February 7||Club Re-Registration Opens |
You may find the button to intitate Re-Registration at the top of your Bates Engage group’s Officer Dashboard.
|Monday, March 13 @ 11:59pm||Club Re-Registration DUE for all clubs|
|Summer 2023||Club officers are notified of the status of their re-registration request|
The following information is modified from the FAB Constitution:
- Club Re-Registration will consist of the following elements:
- A copy of the constitution the club intends to have in effect for the following academic year.
- A complete roster of active members. Active membership is defined as continual participation in club meetings, events, programs, and other activities, and should be determined as participation in at least 51% of the club’s activities.
- Club officer position-holders of Community Liaison and four other officers for the following year.
- Proxies for these position-holders may be accepted, if the club constitution stipulates that selection of these individuals does not occur until after the application is due.
- Please note these officers will replace the officers on record in Bates Engage after the conclusion of the current academic year. If a club changes its officers between Re-Registration and the end of the year, officers will still be replaced by the ones submitted during Re-Registration.
- A qualitative report of a club’s activities, including accomplishments, challenges, and goals for the coming year.
- If applicable, a list of club members who should have key or swipe access to the club’s storage or office space for the coming academic year.
- Re-Registration opens on Feburary 1 or the closest business date thereafter. It is due the second Monday in March at 11:59pm.
- If a club is late in submitting their Re-Registration without an extension from the Chair of FAB, that club risks loss of BCSG-recognized status.
- Deadline extensions are granted only by the Chair of FAB, and can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After Club Re-Registration has been submitted, FAB and Campus Life will review each submission individually. Please note this process may require correspondence among the club, FAB, and Campus Life – simply submitting Re-Registration does not guarantee continuation of BCSG-recognized status. Club officers are advised to be attentive to their email, and respond promptly to ensure a smooth process.
- Clubs that have not submitted a Re-Registration, and have no evidence of activity (including events, programs, meetings, and/or funding transactions) may be deemed inactive by FAB and Campus Life.
- A club deemed inactive has all funds currently in its account transferred to additional club funding and its account closed.
- A club deemed inactive may re-apply for club status after one full calendar year from the date of inactivation via the New Student Club Application.