Benefits of Becoming a BCSG-Recognized Club
There are some great reasons for your club to be officially recognized by Bates College Student Government (BCSG)! They include:
- Financial support
- An account with the Bates College Accounting Office.
- Ability to apply to the Funding & Activities Board (FAB) for money for club activities.
- Ability to request additional funding from campus entities that provide such funding to BCSG-recognized clubs.
- Monthly account activity reports from the Accounting Office.
- Logistical support
- Orientations and trainings for club leaders provided by FAB and/or Campus Life.
- A group on Bates Engage, including your club’s description, contact information, and links to your social media pages. This group also enables leaders to communicate with current and prospective club members.
- If requested from Campus Life, a delegated email address to use for official club business.
- The ability to reserve event, program, and meeting spaces via the Event Management System.
- Robust support in the areas of club advising and event/program planning from Campus Life.