Benefits of Becoming a BCSG-Recognized Club
There are some great reasons for your club to be officially recognized by Bates College Student Government (BCSG)! They include:
- Financial support
- An account with the Bates College Accounting Office.
- Ability to apply to the Budgets & Clubs Board (BCB) for a budget allocation to address the costs of operating expenses.
- Ability to request additional funding from campus entities that provide such funding to BCSG-recognized clubs.
- Monthly account activity reports from the Accounting Office.
- Logistical support
- Orientations and trainings for club leaders provided by BCB and/or the Office of Campus Life.
- A club profile in the Club Directory on this website, including your club’s description, contact information, the ability for prospective members to join your Google Group, and links to your social media pages.
- A dedicated Google Group (email listserv) to communicate with current and prospective club members.
- If requested from Campus Life, a delegated email address to use for official club business.
- The ability to reserve event, program, and meeting spaces via the Event Management System.
- Robust support in the areas of club advising and event/program planning from the Office of Campus Life.
- See the Club Handbook for more information.