Campus Life provides orientations to clubs periodically throughout the year.
Guidelines for orientations
- Clubs are required to have two members in attendance at both types of orientations.
- At least one attending member must be a non-senior.
- The members in attendance may be general members – they do not need to be officers (though that’s of course preferable).
- Different club members may attend both orientations (doesn’t have to be the same people at both).
- Those who attend are expected to disseminate relevant information to other club members.
The orientations being offered in winter 2020 are:
Resources and Support Orientation
Monday, January 13 from 7:30 to 8:30pm in Skelton Lounge (Chase 201)
This orientation will acquaint you with campus offices and resources, and give you information on how to navigate things like spending money from your club account, getting catering for your event, and reserving spaces.
Managing Your Club Orientation
DATE CHANGE: Thursday, January 23 from 4:15 to 5:15pm in the Little Room (Chase B18)
This orientation is focused on the inner workings of your club and is an interactive session intended to get you thinking about things like access, inclusion, and equity, how to run meetings, how to attract and retain members, and managing conflict among club members.