Club Re-Registration Process
The Club Re-Registration process occurs annually. Please find the timeline for the 2022-23 process below.
|Tuesday, March 1, 2022||Club Re-Registration Opens
You may find the button to intitate Re-Registration at the top of your Bates Engage group’s Officer Dashboard.
|Monday, March 28 @ 8:00pm via Zoom||Club Re-Registration Workshop with the Budgets & Clubs Board
RSVP for the Zoom link hereCome learn all about Club Re-Registration, including what you’ll need to fill out the application, what’s new this year, and how the Budgets & Clubs Board makes their decisions!
|Friday, April 1, 2022 @ 11:59pm||Club Re-Registration DUE for all clubs|
|Summer 2022||Club officers are notified of the status of their re-registration request|
Please note we have altered this process from past years due to the re-launch of Bates Engage. The following information is modified from the BCB Constitution:
- Club Re-Registration will consist of the following elements:
- A copy of the constitution the club intends to have in effect for the following academic year.
- A complete roster of active members. Active membership is defined as continual participation in club meetings, events, programs, and other activities, and should be determined as participation in at least 51% of the club’s activities.
- Position-holders of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Community Liaison, and Secretary for the following year.
- Proxies for these position-holders may be accepted, if the club constitution stipulates that selection of these individuals does not occur until after the application is due.
- Please note these officers will replace the officers on record in Bates Engage after the conclusion of the current academic year. If a club changes its officers between Re-Registration and the end of the year, officers will still be replaced by the ones submitted during Re-Registration.
- A qualitative report of a club’s activities, including accomplishments, challenges, and goals for the coming year.
- If applicable, a list of club members who should have key or swipe access to the club’s storage or office space for the coming academic year.
- Re-Registration opens on March 1 or the closest business date thereafter. It is due April 1 at 11:59pm.
- If a club is late in submitting their Re-Registration without an extension from the Chair of BCB, that club risks loss of BCSG-recognized status.
- Deadline extensions are granted only by the Chair of BCB, and can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After Club Re-Registration has been submitted, BCB and Campus Life will review each submission individually. Please note this process may require correspondence among the club, BCB, and Campus Life – simply submitting Re-Registration does not guarantee continuation of BCSG-recognized status. Club officers are advised to be attentive to their email, and respond promptly to ensure a smooth process.
- Clubs that have not submitted a Re-Registration, and have no evidence of activity (including events, programs, meetings, and/or funding transactions) may be deemed inactive by BCB and Campus Life.
- A club deemed inactive has all funds currently in its account transferred to additional club funding and its account closed.
- A club deemed inactive may re-apply for club status after one full calendar year from the date of inactivation via the New Student Club Application.