Students may be awarded credit for A-Level examinations according to the faculty policy for A-Levels.
Credit is awarded for successful scores on A-Level examinations only, not on O-Levels (ordinary level) or AS-level (Advanced Subsidiary) examinations.
Grade of A or B = 2 Bates credits; 1 credit for B in Mathematics; Grade of C = 1 Bates credit; Grade lower than C = no credit.
An official copy of examination grades must be presented on the General Certificate of Education, issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate or one of the following:
1. Associated Examining Board
2. Joint Matriculation Board
3. University of London School Examinations Board
4. Northern Ireland Schools Examinations and Assessment Council
5. University of Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations
6. Oxford and Cambridge Schools Examination Board
7. Welsh Joint Education Committee
No credit may be granted for English language examinations or the general paper.
Total number of credits granted may not exceed the total number of credits allowed for Advanced Placement (AP) credit per faculty legislation. Departments will establish course equivalencies where appropriate. The equivalency is applied towards general education and degree requirements according to the department’s established policy regarding AP credit.
Dates & Deadlines
- Februrary 28 – Last day for withdrawal from Winter 2014 semester courses (drops)
- March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 semester
- March 21: Petitions due to faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 28: Student petitions due from faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 31, 7:00 am: Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 registration adjustment (add/drop) opens