Students may be awarded credit for A-Level examinations according to the faculty policy for A-Levels.
Credit is awarded for successful scores on A-Level examinations only, not on O-Levels (ordinary level) or AS-level (Advanced Subsidiary) examinations.
Grade of A or B = 2 Bates credits; 1 credit for B in Mathematics; Grade of C = 1 Bates credit; Grade lower than C = no credit.
An official copy of examination grades must be presented on the General Certificate of Education, issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate or one of the following:
1. Associated Examining Board
2. Joint Matriculation Board
3. University of London School Examinations Board
4. Northern Ireland Schools Examinations and Assessment Council
5. University of Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations
6. Oxford and Cambridge Schools Examination Board
7. Welsh Joint Education Committee
No credit may be granted for English language examinations or the general paper.
Total number of credits granted may not exceed the total number of credits allowed for Advanced Placement (AP) credit per faculty legislation. Departments will establish course equivalencies where appropriate. The equivalency is applied towards general education and degree requirements according to the department’s established policy regarding AP credit.
Dates & Deadlines
- April 23: Last day for Short Term 2014 registration adjustments (adds)
- April 25: Last day for withdrawal from Short Term 2014 courses (drops)
- May 21 – June 3: Course evaluations
- May 23: Classes end, Short Term 2014
- May 25: Commencement – class of 2014
- June 4: Short Term 2014 Final Grades available for student viewing on Garnet Gateway