Students may be awarded credit for A-Level examinations according to the faculty policy for A-Levels.
- Credit is awarded for successful scores on A-Level examinations only,
not on O-Levels (ordinary level) or AS-level (Advanced Subsidiary) examinations.
- Grade of A or B = 2.0 Bates credits; 1.0 credit for B in Mathematics
- Grade of C = 1.0 Bates credit
- Grade lower than C = no credit.
An official copy of examination grades must be presented on the General Certificate of Education, issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate or another official examination board.
No credit may be granted for English language examinations or the general paper.
Departments will establish course equivalencies where appropriate. The equivalency is applied towards general education and degree requirements according to the department’s established policy regarding AP credit.
Dates & Deadlines
- October 31 – Last day for withdrawal for Fall 2014 semester courses (drops)
- November 1 – 7: Registration for Winter 2015 semester
- November 14: Petitions due TO faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- November 21: Petitions due FROM faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- December 1: Winter 2015 registration adjustment period (add/drop) period opens for all students