Late at Bates
Late at Bates funding is designed to support student-led evening and late night events and programs that strengthen our sense of community and campus culture.
Late at Bates funds unique events and programs that don’t typically happen during the average weekend or week night.
Please note, that for the 2020-2021 academic year, all programs must follow the guidelines outlined here: COVID19 Event Planning Guidelines Before applying for funding, please be sure to read these guidelines in full.
Any individual student, student club, or student organization may apply for this funding. Please note that the Office of Campus Life recommends a minimum of two weeks’ planning time for Late at Bates events and programs in order to accommodate logistical needs as they arise.
Applications will be reviewed by the Office of Campus Life based on the following criteria:
- Proposed event/program must be free and open to all.
- Proposed event/program must take place on either Friday or Saturday after 9:00PM, or Sunday through Thursday after 6:00PM.
- Proposed event/program must be interactive and social.
- If determined necessary for your proposed event/program, staffing availability.
- Other events/programs on campus on the proposed event/program date.
Once You’re Approved
You are responsible for:
- Ensuring the event/program location is reserved via events.bates.edu. Late at Bates is a funding source, and does not function as space reservation. If the event/program is not affiliated with a club or organization, please select “Late at Bates” as the reserving group when submitting your reservation.
- Note that the Office of Intercultural Education (OIE) is not reservable. To request use of the OIE for your event/program, please contact the OIE at email@example.com.
- Publicity for the event/program. The Late at Bates logo (provided in your approval email) must be featured prominently on all marketing materials, including but not limited to print, digital signage, and social media.
- Planning and running the event/program, including set-up and clean-up.
- If determined necessary, attending the T-30 meeting 30 minutes prior to the start of your event/program, at which important information will be shared regarding who is on site at your event/program, what their roles are, and the general event/program timeline.
- Completing the Event/Program Planner Evaluation Form after the event.
- Submitting any receipts needed to be reimbursed. Please review your approval email for more details.