Class Listserv Policy
Class listservs are email listservs for announcements sponsored by departments and student organizations, as well as for general departmental announcements. The system reaches all students enrolled in each class year. Please note that listserv membership is updated on or around July 1 for the coming academic year.
Use the following addresses to reach each class for class-specific information:
Class listserv users must observe the following guidelines:
• Listserv messages must be class-specific or specifically relevant to students in that particular class year. You may not use these lists to send out general announcements. Announcements eligible for the Bates Today and not specifically tied to a class year will not be approved.
• The system is moderated, with messages reviewed and transmitted within 24 hours if received Monday through Friday (by 4 pm). Friday evening and weekend messages are generally sent on Monday.
• No more than two announcements are allowed per event.
• The announcement must include the date, time and location of the event, and a one paragraph explanation or biography (similar to the Bates Today)
• The subject line must clearly identify the nature of the event and the sponsoring organization or department.
• The message may not be larger than 100KB. This makes it difficult to include images or attached files, unless they are generally about 75KB, or smaller.