Off-campus Summer Internships
A variety of research and service internships are available each summer through which biology students can gain valuable experience and begin to network with other scientists. Biology majors majors are strongly encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities. Email notices of these internships are distributed via the biology majors listserve (BIO) and are posted in Carnegie on the fourth floor outside of room 425. Application deadlines are typically around the end of February through mid-March, so plan ahead.
Below are listed a number of established internship programs that Bates students participate in regularly.
- Maine INBRE Undergraduate Internships
- The Jackson Laboratory Summer Internships (Bar Harbor, ME)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Research Center (New York City, NY)
- NSF-Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program