Payment for Services

Requests for payment for services should be supported by a written contract or agreement specifying the services to be performed, payment amount(s), dates of service, and location, and must comply with the  contract requirements included in Contracts for Services.  Contracts and agreements of $5,000 or more must be signed by Geoff Swift, Vice President for Finance and Administration.

To request a payment for services, please complete and submit a Payment Request Form along with the original contract or other documentation supporting the request to Accounts Payable either through campus mail, electronically through Adobe Sign, or by dropping off at 217 Lane Hall during the hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.

To comply with tax reporting requirements, payments for services, copyrights and royalties must be paid directly by Accounts Payable and should not be paid by employees and then requested for reimbursement.  Additionally, payments to foreign nationals require additional review, please see Payments to Foreign Nationals.

Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number & Certification

Before payment can be made, Accounts Payable must have a signed and dated Form W-9 on file for all individuals and service providers for certification and tax reporting purposes.

Please have your payee fill out a Form W-9 with their name as it appears on their social security card, or their business name as it appears on their IRS Form SS-4 – Application for Employer Identification Number.