At high risk for COVID, Grace Acton arrived at Bates during the height of the pandemic. By embracing a childhood hobby of sewing, she found mentors, community, and academic fulfillment.
Student Storage Policy Information
- General storage information (see Storage Areas On Campus and Off Campus Storage Lists) These are the ONLY areas available to students for storage on campus, no storage is allowed in non-designated areas. If storage is found in a non-designated area on campus, items will be removed and disposed of without notice – there is no storage for graduating seniors and no storage available on campus during the summer. Students and families may contract with Dorm Room Movers for a full service pick up, storage, and drop off in the Fall.
- Limited storage on campus – “first come, first-serve, and always store at your own risk”
- Storage areas are locked, please see the Custodian in the building or call Campus Safety if after hours
- Three boxes or tubs 3′ x 3′ x 3′ are allowed as well as only up to three storage tags
- NO STORAGE of furniture, rugs, lumber, flammables, gasoline driven vehicles, or refrigerators of ANY size, are allowed in campus storage areas
- All items in storage must have a storage tag affixed, 3 are allowed, may be picked up at the Facility Services office, during normal weekday, Mon-Fri hours – please plan ahead, 7am-4pm or 7am-3:30pm – summer hours (begin the day after Memorial Day and end the day after Labor Day)
- Bicycle Storage – card access – (only bicycles allowed to be stored in these areas)
- Rand Hall bike storage building
- Rzasa and Hopkins bike storage
- On campus, student items may be stored ONLY in the designated storage areas listed, nowhere else on campus will storage be allowed by any student. When items are found in non-designated areas on campus, the items may be removed and disposed of without notice.