Enjoy this immersive (but not submersive!) photo coverage of the Puddle Jump, plus read historical newspaper accounts of our enduring enchantment with jumping into icy cold water in the winter.
Bates challenges all students who live on campus to take responsibility for their living space and work together to end dorm damage.
What you need to know about dorm damage:
- Students may be held responsible for the cost of repairs related to damage in residential buildings
- If known, individuals will be charged for damages caused
- If unknown, costs may be shared by roommates, suitemates, or an entire building
- Dorm damage is defined as damage to a facility that exceeds a physical condition that would be expected from normal wear and tear.
- Damage is disruptive and forces the deferral of other work in order to perform unscheduled repairs
- Charges related to dorm damage appear on semester bills
- Willful destruction of property may result in referral to the student conduct process.
- Please see the list of dorm damage charges. They include a brief description of each charge.