On Campus Employment

On-Campus Work for Students in F-1 Status

If you are a student in F-1 student status at Bates College, you may be eligible to work on campus. On-campus employment means simply that you are paid by Bates College and working on the campus.

During academic terms (early September to mid-May), on-campus work may total up to 20 hours per week.  During your annual summer vacation (usually mid-May to the end of August) and the winter break (approximately the last week of December through the second week of January), on-campus work may be full-time, provided you intend to register at Bates in the semester following the break.

On-campus employment requires you to complete forms through the Student Employment Office.  Please email seo@bates.edu, to begin the process.

All F-1 students are required to have a Social Security number to work on campus. If you do not have one, you will have to apply for one once you are offered a job. You do not need to wait until you have your social security number to apply for jobs. Read more about obtaining a Social Security number here.