March Room Selection
Room Selection for 2020-2021 has been postponed. All students will be emailed an updated selection timeline after March 27, 2020.
March Room Selection Timeline for 2020-2021
During the winter semester, most rising seniors, juniors, and sophomores will select their room for the next academic year. All students taking classes in the fall semester, whether they plan to be living off-campus, or on-campus in a theme house, suite, or any other type of housing must complete an application in HouseCat. The process begins with an application and ends with selecting your housing assignment during the room selection process.
Off-Campus Application (Rising Seniors Only):
- Opens: Monday, December 2, 2019
- Closes: Friday, January 17th, 2020
- Open: Monday, February 3, 2020
- Closes for groups of 8 students: Friday, February 28, 2020
- Closes for groups of 6 students: Friday, March 6, 2020
- Closes for groups of 4 or 3 students: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Closes for doubles or singles: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Remaining Rooms (Last Chance) closes: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Summer placement closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Room Selection Dates:
- Groups of 8 students: Thursday, March 5, 2020, from 5-7pm
- Groups of 6 students: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, from 5-7pm
- Groups of 4 or 3 students: Saturday, March 14, 2020, from 9am-4pm
- Doubles or singles: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 8am-5pm
- Remaining Rooms: Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Summer placement results emailed: mid-August 2020
HouseCat is Bates’ online housing selection platform. HouseCat allows students to apply for and select their housing online. Flexible, streamlined, and accessible from anywhere, HouseCat is the home of housing selection at Bates.