Advisor Email Lists
Advisor e-mail lists allow instructors and advisees to communicate via an interactive email list.
There are two types of advisor E-mail distribution lists: undergraduate advisees (ung) and major advisees (mjr). List names are created by concatinating the advisor type abbreviation and the advisor’s user name followed by @lists.bates.edu. Using a fictious Professor Einstein as an example, his undergraduate advisee list name would be email@example.com and his major advisee list name would be firstname.lastname@example.org. As with the other lists, case does not matter.
How does a student get on or off my advisee list?
These lists are generated nightly from information in the Banner database. If one of your advisees is not on your list, the student is not properly coded in the Banner database. The student needs to submit a change of advisor form to the Registrar’s office in Libbey Forum. Once this form has been processed, the student’s name will be added to the list by the next day. Please direct questions regarding the adding or deleting of staff names on the list to Sarah Bernard (sbernard) in Information Services.
For frequently asked question concerning course lists (majors, minors, advisors, etc.) consult Helpsheet E-mail Course List Frequently Asked Question
A complete description of department /program courses is available from each academic course and units of instruction. On this page hoose an academic department/program. Scroll down each page to see the abbreviation letters, course number, and section.
Dates & Deadlines
- Februrary 28 – Last day for withdrawal from Winter 2014 semester courses (drops)
- March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 semester
- March 21: Petitions due to faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 28: Student petitions due from faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 31, 7:00 am: Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 registration adjustment (add/drop) opens