Creating a Quiz
Creating a new quiz is a two-step process. In the first step, you create the quiz activity and set its options which specify the rules for interacting with the quiz. In the second step you add questions to the quiz.
Step I: Create the quiz activity
1. Go to your course in Lyceum
2. Turn editing on (Locate and select the larger gear wheel icon in the upper right to open the ‘Actions Menu’ Select ‘Turn editing on’ from the list.)
3. Navigate to the week or section in which you would like to add your quiz and click on “Add an activity or resource.”
4. In the window that pops up, select “Quiz” and click “Add” at the bottom of the window.
5. Here you can create the settings for the quiz, including open and close dates, grade categories (for Gradebook users), and question behavior, among others. Make your settings for quiz and click “Save and Display” at the bottom of the page.
Note that these settings can be changed at a later date by clicking on “Edit settings” in the ‘Edit’ drop down menu associated with the quiz activity (see image below). However, as a general rule of thumb, you do not want to change quiz settings after the quiz has started accepting submissions.
** For more detailed information on quiz settings, follow this link: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Quiz_settings
Step II: Adding questions to the quiz
1. Once the quiz has been created, click on “Edit quiz.”
2. On the page that opens, you can begin adding your quiz questions by selecting “a new question” from the ‘Add’ drop down menu.
** For more detailed information on building a quiz and quiz questions, including more advanced topics such as using question banks, follow this link: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Building_Quiz