Instructors have the ability to grade all student assignments without releasing some grades before others. This prevents students from seeing their grades before others in the class. For those who would like to release student grades for an assignment, quiz, exam, etc. all at the same time, follow these steps:
Hiding On Lyceum Page
- Turn editing on within your course and navigate to the activity that you would like to grade.
- Select ‘Edit’ and then ‘Hide’. Hiding the activity will not allow students to view it or see their grades until you ‘Show’ it again. Note that this can be done for any activity that needs to be assessed and is added to your course (assignments, quizzes, forums, etc.).
- Once it is hidden, you will see it is now ‘Hidden from students’. They will not be able to view this while it is hidden.
- Once you have finished grading, follow the same steps and select ‘Show’. This will release the grades for the students all at once.
Hiding within the Gradebook
An alternative method to hide grades from students until all submissions have been graded is to hide the grade category within the Gradebook. This option will not allow students to view the grade category in their ‘Grades’ section until it is viewable to them again. For example, this would work best if you decided to enter the grades for all of Participation at one time.
- Navigate to your Grader report ‘Set up’ page. Once there, select the ‘Edit’ drop-down next to the category you would like to hide while grading. Click ‘Hide.’
- Similarly, repeat those steps when you would like to ‘Show’ the category again.
- Below is a comparison before hiding the grade category and then after hiding it in student view.