The Alumni Council is the governing body of the Alumni Association and serves as the primary liaison between the Association and the Bates administration, faculty, and student body.
The purposes of the Alumni Council are:
- To unite the alumni body in supporting the college.
- To promote interaction between the alumni and the college’s administration, faculty and student body.
- To communicate the concerns and aspirations of the alumni body to the college’s administrators.
Be sure to read the Alumni Council Newsletter for stories, reminiscences and valuable information. Additional information about the Alumni Council can be found in the Alumni Association Bylaws. If you have questions or suggestions about Bates engaging alumni, the Alumni Council can be one of your most effective means of communicating your ideas and concerns. Send your emails to email@example.com with “Alumni Council” in the body or subject.
Proposed Revisions to Alumni Association Bylaws
The Alumni Association, and the Council’s, work is governed by the Association bylaws which, from time to time, are amended to reflect how the Association and Council wish to carry out its work. The Alumni Council has proposed amendments to its bylaws which require both advance notice now, and ratification at the next annual meeting of the Alumni Association (at Reunion, Saturday, June 13, 2015 on campus).
• View the [red-lined document] that shows proposed changes to the current bylaws
• View the [revised bylaws]
Any member of the Association may ask questions or make comments on these proposed changes by contacting Alumni Council Vice President, Lisa Romeo. The bylaws, in section 7, Amendments, outlines the ways in which alumni can petition for changes.