Hello & Welcome!
On behalf of our entire campus community — current students, faculty and staff — I welcome all the ED1 members of the Class of 2019 to Bates.
Although our Entering Students’ site will be undergoing its annual revision and updating for the next few months, much of the information you will find within this site remains accurate. Please feel free to explore, and begin to learn about the ways in which you will transition into your college life on our campus. The preliminary Orientation 2015 schedule has been posted!
- ASAP: Waive Bates Student Health Insurance (if you are covered by other insurance)
- June 2-July 11: Residence application and roommate selection
- By June 15: Designate the person(s) who will receive your student eBill
- June 20-July 25: Complete AlcoholEdu
- July 1: Health Center forms due
- July 7-18: Register for classes
- By July 15: Annual Entering Student Outdoor Program (AESOP) trip selection
- August 1: Fall Semester fees due
- August 15: View your fall schedule
- August: AESOP arrival and move-in day
- August: Optional move-in begins for new students
- August: Beginning of Orientation (required for all new students)
- September: Add/drop begins
- September: Classes begin