Hello & Welcome!
Congratulations on your admission to Bates! Our entire campus community — current students, faculty and staff — send their warmest welcome. We can’t wait to have you join us on campus at the end of the summer.
The two student Orientation Co-Directors are busy planning and organizing events and activities for the fall of 2014, and we should have an updated schedule available to you online by mid-summer.
Until then, enjoy your summer and please feel free to reach out with any questions!
- ASAP: Waive Bates Student Health Insurance (if you are covered by other insurance)
- June 2-July 11: Residence application and roommate selection
- By June 15: Designate the person(s) who will receive your student eBill
- June 20-July 25: Complete AlcoholEdu
- July 1: Health Center forms due
- July 7-18: Register for classes
- By July 15: Annual Entering Student Outdoor Program (AESOP) trip selection
- August 1: Fall Semester fees due
- August 15: View your fall schedule
- August 25: AESOP arrival and move-in day
- August 29: Optional move-in begins for new students
- August 30: Beginning of Orientation (required for all new students)
- September 2: Add/drop begins
- September 3: Classes begin