You can learn about your annual benefits enrollment by exploring the Annual Benefits Enrollment section our site. To complete your enrollment, look for the annual enrollment section within the Garnet Gateway. The period to make new elections begins on Monday, November 6th and concludes at midnight on Tuesday, November 21st.
|Learn More||Garnet Gateway|
We have three overarching goals in our work–to communicate with, support and develop our employees.
To maximize each employee’s work experience and contribution to Bates.
Through personalized service and consistent application of policies and procedures, contribute to building and supporting a community that respects and values all employees’ contributions towards maximizing our student’s experience at Bates.
The Human Resource Department provides support to the campus in the following functional areas:
- Benefits: support and processing for medical, dental, retirement, worker’s compensation and various additional benefits
- Classification and Compensation: salary reviews, job descriptions and additional research
- Employee Relations: support and advice regarding employee concerns
- Employment: guidance in the hiring and selection of new employees
- Environmental, Health and Safety: safety consults and training from ergonomics to hazardous waste remediation
- Payroll: support for and processing of bi-weekly and monthly staff payroll
- Performance Development: support for the Performance Development process
- Training: evaluation of the need for and development of staff training
- Wellness: resources and support to employees in each stage of their journey towards better health
- Treat every individual with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a positive outlook and promote trust in all of our relationships.
- Apply all policies and procedures consistently and fairly.
- Keep all employment matters in the strictest confidence.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Make the best use of financial resources for the College’s benefit.
- Constantly review and improve operations to ensure we are providing superior customer service.