Bates College offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Eligibility for the medical, dental, life insurance, reimbursement accounts and long-term disability benefits begin on the first of the month following one full calendar month of employment.
Note, to add a dependent to your coverage you must also submit documentation of their eligibility such as a birth certificate, marriage license, tax return, or other documents. More detailed information on who are eligible dependents and what documentation is required can be found on this listing.
Our Plan Cost Comparison Tool will help you visualize the financial difference between our plans and how you may end up using them.
Introducing ALEX, your Bates Virtual Benefits Counselor
Because we know choosing the right plans can be difficult, we hope you will visit ALEX, the Bates virtual benefits counselor. ALEX can help assist you at any time throughout the year. We hope you take advantage of this fun, engaging and confidential tool to help you learn more about the benefits that Bates is pleased to offer.
Connect with ALEX to…
- Learn about your benefits and make the best choices for you and your family
- Help you choose the right benefits for your personal situation.
- Learn more about the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and see how much money it could save you.
- See everything that is available to you and your family. Benefits are more than just health insurance!
- Find out if you are saving enough to cover your medical, dental and vision expenses—and see how much you could save on taxes!
Talk to ALEX anytime and anywhere from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Listed below is contact information for the various plans.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- – provided through Aetna Resources for Living
- User ID: 4bates Password: bwell
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
– Administered by Group Dynamic, Inc.
- Fax 207-781-3841
- Insurance Plans – Aetna
- Life/AD&D & Disability Insurance
- Call Human Resources
- Retirement Plans – TIAA-CREF