Congratulations on being admitted to Bates and for accepting the offer to join our academic community. The Student Affairs team, and colleagues across the college, looks forward to welcoming you to campus. There are a number of administrative matters you will need to attend to over the summer, and many of them can be found on this website. We have designed a vibrant, engaging, and informative orientation program for you. A detailed schedule from 2015 can be found here.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Office of Student Affairs
2 Andrews Road
Lewiston, Maine 04240
Phone: 207-786-6305 email@example.com
Common Reading 2015
Our Declaration: A Reading of the Declaration of Independence in Defense of Equality
- June 29-July 27: Complete AlcoholEdu
- August 1: Fall Semester fees due
- August 17: Review your Fall schedule
- August 30: Move-in for International new students
- August 31: Beginning of Orientation. Arrival Day for all remaining new students, including athletes. Orientation attendance is required for all new students. Please note: there is a Parent and Family Orientation program on August 31 from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Please visit our Orientation page for a more detailed schedule.
- By September 1: Complete Sexual Respect Education on Garnet Gateway
- September 8: Add/drop begins at 7am
- September 9: Classes begin