Congratulations on being admitted to Bates and for accepting the offer to join our academic community. The Student Affairs team, and colleagues across the college, looks forward to welcoming you to campus on August 31. There are a number of administrative matters you will need to attend to over the summer, and many of them can be found on this website. We have designed a vibrant, engaging, and informative orientation program for you and a tentative schedule can be found here.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Dean of Students Office
2 Andrews Road
Lewiston, Maine 04240
Phone: 207-786-6220 email@example.com
- ASAP: Waive Bates Student Health Insurance (if you are covered by other insurance)
- May 18: Residence application and roommate selection opens at 10 a.m. (EDT); closes July 1 at 11:59 p.m.
- By June 15: Designate the person(s) who will receive your student eBill
- By June 15: Upload your photo for your Bates student ID card
- By June 26: Annual Entering Student Outdoor Program (AESOP) trip selection
- June 29-July 27: Complete AlcoholEdu
- July 1: Health Center forms due
- July 6-17: Registration opens July 6 at 10 a.m.– Request your preferred courses and alternates. Closes July 17 at 4 p.m.
- August 1: Fall Semester fees due
- August 17: Review your Fall schedule
- August 30: Move-in for International new students
- August 31: Beginning of Orientation. Arrival Day for all remaining new students, including athletes. Orientation attendance is required for all new students. Please note: there is a Parent and Family Orientation program on August 31 from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Please visit our Orientation page for a more detailed schedule.
- September 8: Add/drop begins
- September 9: Classes begin