Kroepsch Award for Excellence in Teaching
Each year, the Dean of the Faculty’s office asks current students and recent alumni to help recognize excellent teachers among us. Teaching fabulous Bates students is, of course, its own reward — but public recognition for one’s efforts and an award of $5,000 is also pretty great.
Established by the late Robert H. Kroepsch, ’33, LL.D. ’71, the Ruth M. and Robert H. Kroepsch Endowed Fund honors a member of the Bates faculty for outstanding performance as a teacher including a $5,000 award.
We need your nominations! Did a professor you remember fondly:
- ignite your interest in the coursework and make you want to learn more?
- make you think about the world – and yourself – in new ways?
- hold you to a high standard?
- make going to class or doing your thesis a pleasure?
Recent Kroepsch Award winners include:
- Sue Houchins (2022)
- Charles Nero (2021)
- Jennifer Koviach-Côté (2020)
- Joshua Rubin (2020)
- Stephanie Kelley-Romano (2019)
- Stephen Engel (2018)