Import Course Content
Instructors can easily copy content from one Lyceum course to another by using the ‘Import’ utility. They can choose to move all of the content of a course from one to another. They can also choose to select specific content from a course and move that. Follow these steps to get started:
*Note if you are using Perusall, follow this help sheet on how to move over existing material from another Perusall course (using the ‘Materials from another course’ option) or add new material such as Textbook, Articles, etc.
Import All Course Content
- Navigate to your course where you will want the content imported into
- Select the gear icon on the right-hand side of your Lyceum page and select ‘Import’ from the drop-down menu
- To find the course that contains the content you would like to import, enter the course’s short name (i.e. PSYC-457A) in the search field and select ‘Search’
- In most cases, more than one course will appear on the list. This will happen when you have more than one of this course that exists in the system. The titles for each course in the list indicates what semester it was last taught in. For example, ‘PSYC-457A-201909’ was taught in the Fall 2019 (2019-09). The code is ‘(Year-Semester)’ and semesters being 09 (Fall), 01 (Winter), 04 (Short Term). Select the course that you would like to take the course content from and select ‘Continue’
- Accept the default backup settings as these were designed by the IT team. If you would like to import the entire contents of the selected course, you can select ‘Jump to the final step’. Alternatively, you can also select ‘Next’ on each page to double check the content.
- Once the import begins, you will be directed to a page with a progress bar. Once the import is complete, select ‘Continue’ to view your course.
Import Selected Course Content
- Follow steps 1-4 above
- Once you are directed to the ‘Import settings’ page, click the ‘Next’ button. As mentioned before, this will allow you to check your content but you can also deselect content you do not wish to import. This will allow you to import only specific content over
- If there are only a few items you with to import over but there is a lot of content, you can select ‘None’ at the top of the page. This will deselect all of the content and you can then select the specific items you’d like to move over
- Once you are done selecting all the content you wish to import, click ‘Next’. The green check mark will indicate items to be imported
- Follow step 6 above