How the Center for Purposeful Work Can Help
We Are Here to Work with You
As you begin to make decisions about future career opportunities, we are here to help. We know about “real world” challenges and understand that career development is a lifelong process. We can be of most assistance to alumni within 5 years of graduation but we’re open to those who need assistance at any stage of the career path. Here are some of the resources you have access to as alumni:
- Handshake – our online recruiting system – offers a diverse range of job postings through the Center for Purposeful Work and the Liberal Arts Career Network (a consortium of 35 Liberal Arts schools) as well as access to subscription-only websites and resources such as: Spotlight on Careers, CareerShift, InterviewStream, Vault’s Career Insider, Current Jobs for Graduates and more!
- Alumni Connections– thousands of alumni contacts are just an email, phone call or click of the mouse away:
- LinkedIn.com groups including Bates College Alumni and Friends, Bates Business Networks, Alumni of Color and NESCAC Alumni
- LinkedIn.com/alumni can help identify members of the Bates community: Where they live, Where they work, What they do, What they studied, What they’re skilled at, How you are connected
- Bates Networks in cities across the United States including Boston, New York City, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, and Portland (Maine)
- The Bates Online Directory alumni database as well as Bates Networks and Alumni Events
- Career Resources Library – we offer a broad array of recommendations for career resources to help in the career transition process
- Graduate and Professional School Advising – counselors are well equipped to walk you through the steps to prepare for health, law and other graduate studies
- Career Counseling – trained staff is available to work one-on-one in person or on the phone to develop strategies for changing career paths, review resumes and cover letters, interpret results from self-assessment instruments, and more
Please call us for more information about our services, or to schedule an appointment. For general Bates alumni news and highlights, please visit Bates for Alumni.
We look forward to staying in touch with you!