IRAS: Institutional Research Intern (S9966B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Institutional Research Intern will assist the Office of Institutional Research, Analysis, and Planning with a variety of analytical and clerical tasks.
The Office of Institutional Research, Analysis, and Planning coordinates data for Bates and provides information, planning services, and research assistance to the college’s leadership, faculty and other internal and external constituencies. The purpose of this Institutional Research intern position is to support the office’s efforts to develop, manage, and maintain institutional research projects, surveys, and data reports.
Specific responsibilities center around assistance with research activities aimed at supporting institutional improvement:
- Assisting with the extraction, compiling, and coding of data
- Conducting data analysis (with support and training by office staff)
- Interpreting trends, graphing results
- Formatting surveys; Giving input on survey design and distribution
- Researching and compiling list of best practices for survey research
- Clerical tasks as requested
This position offers a great opportunity for students to gain applied research experience in a higher education setting and is an excellent resume builder for students wishing to pursue a career requiring analytical skills.