At high risk for COVID, Grace Acton arrived at Bates during the height of the pandemic. By embracing a childhood hobby of sewing, she found mentors, community, and academic fulfillment.
Current Projects – 2022
- Bonney Science Center New Construction (click here for an in-depth Campus Construction article). Refer to the News & Updates sidebar for current BSC news.
- Campus Ave Field will see the installation of new bleachers on the JB side of the field. Improved access to the field will include rework to the walkway from the corner of Central/Campus Avenue in front of JB.
- Carnegie Science will see improvements to the buildings mechanical system and other miscellaneous improvements as part of the larger STEM initiative.
- Chase Hall will undergo extensive renovations addressing improved building access, mechanical infrastructure and student facing programs.
- Dana Hall Renovations will wrap up with the building on-line for the fall semester.
- Davis Fitness Center – Following up on the improvements last year the center will be further improved with the addition of air conditioning.
- Olin Arts Center and Museum Mechanical System along with building envelope improvements focused on the soffits, storefront doors and windows.
- Page Hall will see plumbing improvements including the conversion of drinking fountains to bottle fillers.
- Russell Street Track surface will be replaced and will see various improvement including a new flag pole.
For a listing of projects by building click here