FS: Benjamin Mays Center Monitor (S9761B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Benjamin Mays Center Monitors are responsible for ensuring that events held at the Mays Center run smoothly.
- Monitors must be familiar with the physical plan of the building and all of the policies attached to the use of the facility.
- Monitors must be alert to security of the building and feel comfortable calling Bates Security if any serious problems or emergencies arise.
- Monitors are expected to extend the hospitality of the college to fellow students, faculty, and staff and make people feel welcome.
- Monitors must read the EMS sheet for the day, and prepare setups for the specific events prior to the time that they are to commence. The sign in sheets must be signed by the person doing the group # or the person completing the setup or breakdown. Monitors should be sure that all areas and furniture are clean and that the rest rooms are well stocked before the start of any event. After the events have been completed, break down of the setup must be done. Monitors must set furniture in the original setup.
- Monitors must log any damages (date and time during event, who is responsible, etc.).
- While Monitors are on duty, they cannot participate in any of the social events taking place in the center.
- Un-excused absences are not tolerated, and students must make arrangements prior to missing a shift.
- Submitting time sheet before the bi weekly deadline is mandatory. Failure to do so may result in termination.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE< BY MAY NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Clean areas after events: main area, kitchen, and rest rooms
- Dust, mop, sweep, and wet mop floors
- Vacuum carpets
- Scrub and clean rest rooms, (fixtures and floors)
- Keep rest rooms supplied with towels, soap, and toilet tissue
- Dust and clean walls, doors, woodwork and other above-the-floor surfaces
- Dust, clean, and polish furniture
- Wash glass in windows and doors when necessary
- Clean kitchen floor, countertops, and appliances after they have been used
- Sweep the outside entrances and platform area
- Observe the general building policy which prohibits smoking
- Sign in at the start of your shift
Department: Facility Services
Supervisor: Virginia Sturgis
Office Location: x8356
Pay Grade: B
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
Required Education: Bates student Experience: Training sessions will be provided
Reports to: Building Managers of the Benjamin Mays Center Coordinates/Works closely with: Building Managers, other Monitors, and Maintenance Custodians
Environment: Indoors/Outdoors Physical Requirements: Monitors must be able to lift 30lbs. Machines & Equipment Used: Vacuum cleaner, mop and wringer bucket