ILS: Help Desk Student Technology Assistant (S9710B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Help Desk Student Technology Assistant will be responsible for providing customer and technical computing assistance to clients within the Bates College Community. The Student Technology Assistant will work closely with the Help Desk Services Team and Senior Student Technology Assistants to provide superior assistance to the members of the college community. As a Student Technology Assistant, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, researching and resolving issues related to computer hardware, and software.
An aptitude for providing excellent customer services. Excellent communication skills. Comfortable working with a broad range of technology and software. Ability to quickly search for problem descriptions and sift through large search results for accurate problem resolutions. Familiarity with Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Experience with a range of common desktop applications like Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software. Responsible with time management. Desire to learn and succeed. The assistant must possess the ability to work well with other people, including students, faculty and staff. Strong interpersonal, organizational and documentation skills. Familiarity with UNIX/Linux. Knowledge and experience with backing up computers and re-installing Operating Systems from scratch.
Specific responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Researches, resolves, and responds to client service requests within a timely manner.
- Works closely with the Help Desk Services Team to develop and maintain high levels of quality services and documentation.
- Analyzes hardware, software, and networking problems, and then decides on the action to be taken.
- Provides services during evenings and weekends when required
- Dispatches other resources as necessary.
- Communicates critical information to the Help Desk Services Team, Help Desk Services Support Partners and Management concerning system interruptions and problems.
- Participates in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of Help Desk Services.
- Participates in Help Desk Services monthly team meetings, and professional growth training.
- Troubleshoots and maintains all printer related issues
- Maintains professional and courteous behavior to all clients and coworkers
- Maintains clean and sanitary workspace
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply:
Click on the link below