SUS: Clean Sweep Coordinator (S9607X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Clean Sweep Coordinator is responsible for helping to organize and oversee logistics for the Clean Sweep event including coordinating and managing volunteers and conducting outreach to the Bates community about donations.
•Ability to do unsupervised work responsibly, work independently and collaboratively
•Effective communication skills
•Ability to see projects through to completion and be accountable for your work
•Enthusiastic, engaging individual who is firm and amiable managing volunteers
•Sense of creativity and fun
•Ability to walk all over campus and lift items, bags and boxes weighing as much as 50 pounds and sometimes more
•Experience with excel and ability to keep detailed records of volunteer hours
The Clean Sweep Coordinator will be expected to work independently and on some weekends to:
- Assist with outreach to students, faculty and staff about how to donate unwanted items to Clean Sweep. This may include helping to edit and disperse fliers and announcements to the campus community.
- Manage the set up of collection areas in all campus residences for donating items as students move out at the end of the term. This will involve communicating with custodians, designating a space, usually in the lounge areas, in every student residence one week prior to the end of short term and making sure these spaces are clean, clearly labeled, and collected daily throughout the end of short term.
- Organize and work with volunteers from community non-profit organizations to collect, organize, clean, and price items for the sale. This will involve explaining the goals of Clean Sweep to all volunteers, assigning and explaining specific tasks each day, and overseeing and assisting volunteers with their work as necessary.
- Oversee and keep track of key access cards and supplies.
- Record and tabulate all volunteer hours.
- Oversee volunteers on sale day. Sale day is crazy and fun. You will help assign volunteers to specific jobs like cashiers, furniture movers, tidying, etc. and will be running around making sure all volunteers have what they need as thousands of shoppers go through the arena looking for deals.
- Assist with other general preparations as needed for the Clean Sweep sale