In-Room Restriction Information
All students have been placed on in-room restriction starting 4/1/2021 at 2 P.M. until Tuesday, 4/13/2021. To limit the disruption of the college’s day-to-day operations and alleviate as much stress on the students as possible, the Student Employment Office has decided on the following plan of action.
- Students who can perform their on-campus job while in-room restrictions are in place should work their regularly scheduled shifts remotely from their dorm room. Students are still limited to working 20 hours per week across all of their positions.
- Students who can not perform their on-campus job remotely while in-room restrictions are in place will be compensated for their missed shifts, starting at 12:00 P.M. (Noon) on 4/1/2021 through the end of in-room restrictions. Please review the procedure below on how to pay students for missed shifts due to in-room restrictions.
- The Student Employment Office (SEO) is prepared to work with you for students with in-person jobs in the local Lewiston-Auburn area. Please contact Scot Flink for assistance.
Supervisor Procedure for entering Student Corona Virus Hours
Supervisors will be tasked with updating student timesheets with any hours missed due to in-room restrictions when approving student timesheets via the “Student Corona Virus Hours” earn code. Students will be responsible for submitting time they actually worked via their Garnet Gateway timesheet, and supervisors will then add the hours missed due to in-room restrictions when approving. Students will not have the ability to record “Student Corona Virus Hours” on their timesheets. We are relying on you to accurately record these hours on their behalf. Please remind your students to submit their timesheets, even if they did not work any hours during the pay period. If they do not submit their timesheets, you will not be able to enter hours they were unable to work on their behalf. Timesheets with zero hours will come to you in an “Error” status, but these can still be updated and approved by you.
In order to update a student’s timesheet once it has been submitted, you will need to follow the process as outlined below:
- Open the student timesheet. It should be in either “Pending” or “Error” status.
- Click on the “Change Record” button. This will take you to a new page that shows an editable version of the student’s timesheet.
- You will see an earnings line titled “Student Corona Virus Hours.” Enter the hours the student was unable to work due to in-room restrictions on each applicable date. Remember to click “Save” each time you enter the hours before moving on to the next entry date.
- Once you have entered all the “Student Corona Virus” hours for that student, click the “Previous Menu” button on the bottom left. This will bring you back to the original screen, where you will now see “Student Corona Virus Hours” in addition to any “Regular Hours” the student may have entered.
- Review the timesheet for accuracy, and if all looks correct, click “Approve.”
- Move on to the next student in your queue.